Or as this email suggests…
Tomorrow is International Quirkyalone Day! The time is now to plan something fun/good for yourself to do tomorrow. Take this February 14 to discover what you uniquely love to do, alone or with friends, and create a great day for yourself. Be proactive. If you can’t take the day off, so do something special at lunch or in the evening.
There are infinite ways to celebrate IQD. Here are a few ways to get you thinking.
1. Turn off your cell phone and go for a long walk by yourself. Reflect and enjoy.
2. Explore a new part of town. Be a tourist in your own city.
3. Go to a movie alone.
4. Rearrange your furniture.
5. Buy yourself a heater pad so you wonâ€™t cave in to a so-so relationship for a warm body in bed. (Call it â€œHenry Heater Pad.â€)
6. Start a monthly potluck dinner or brunch with friends.
7. Make a list of things that are going well in your life.
8. Write a love letter to a friend and mail it.
9. Buy yourself a bunch of daisies. Daisies, being natural and cheerful, are the official flower of the quirkyalone movement.
10. Snuggle up with a copy of Quirkyalone: A Manifesto for Uncompromising Romantics.
I personally recommend the last one. I still have the book if anyone is interested!
Alas, I do have the day off, but there will be no celebrating. I am doing that on the 16th.