I choose multi-grain good for you bread toasted…take a dab of butter and toss some turkey around in the frying pan, then slab Miracle Whip (light) on one side of the bread and a piece of cheese on the other. Sprinkle a wee bit of salt and…
I would have taken a photo, but the damn sandwich was too good. Maybe next time.
What the hell is wrong with me? I need to get moving. Get doing. Get something. I’ve been lying around doing close to nothing for the last two and a half days. Good grief!
Thank goodness for my sweet sweet kitty cats, they really have been enjoying having a lazy mama sleeping by their side at all hours. They also very much appreciate the fact that mama made a 12 pound turkey…Gobble gobble! Love those purring cuddle monsters so.
I decided to get in the shower and clean up in the bedroom a bit (while the sun was still shining in the windows) and then I was thinking about heading to B&N. Only I don’t want to deal with the people or the traffic associated with B&N. But I could go for a fancy coffee and cranberry bliss bar and a stack of magazines.
I dunno. I thought I was out the door and then I turned on Pandora Christmas music and got stuck again. I cleaned the kitty litter boxes, put away a few things in the bedroom. Just made myself a DELICIOUS turkey sandwich (is there anything better in the world?) And now I’m stuck again.
Do I stay or do I go?
I need to pick up Heavy Creme from the store if I’m going to do the Daring Bakers Challenge tonight (still not sure if I want to, but I do LOVE baking…I should, once I do it I know I’ll be happy! Even if I have no one to share the goods with until work on Monday.)
I also want to purchase some spray paint and redo a few pieces of furniture/shelves.
I also could get out the Christmas Decorations. Or do my Christmas Cards.
I also could read one of the 27 books next to my bed.
I also could go to the co-op and get in a few hours of work.
But instead? I sit here and blog about nothing.
I dunno…I just dunno, but I’m hoping this damn fog lifts soon. Life is too short to spend this much time in bed (at least alone, ahem.)
Here’s my list.
2007 Books Read (88)
2006 Books Read (81)
2005 Books Read (59)
2004 Books Read (48)
41. The Glass Castle
39. Live Though This: On Creativity and Self-Destruction
38. The Language of Letting Go
I managed to cook a turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and PP salad today.
And that’s about all she wrote, I’m afraid.
Oh, I made it to the post office too.
Bah. Back to bed, where I feel warm, cozy and loved sleeping next to my purring cats and I’m surrounded by books I could be reading…
“Our limitations and success will be based, most often, on our own expectations for ourselves. What the mind dwells upon, the body acts upon.”
I know this is supposed to be delicious but, ick! Check out the ingredients.
Mama Stamberg’s Cranberry Relish Recipe
I’ve been back home in my apartment now for a week and I still haven’t been able to do a thing! Grrrr.
The things I need/want/should to do but haven’t done and don’t really feel like doing at all include:
1. Painting. I have paint for the bathroom. And to finish the middle room. And red for the big bedroom, but now I’m considering painting the front room red (instead of blue or green which have been the top contenders the last few weeks in my daydreams.)
2. Cleaning. Um, yeah. I need to clean everything. All the floors need to be scrubbed and everything needs a lot of love right now.
3. Rearranging. Um, I have to move my bedroom into the middle room. I have to rearrange all the furniture in the front rooms too! No idea what I’m going to do.
4. Laundry. Dear God. I have laundry everywhere. All over my bedroom in baskets and bags still unpacked from the last few weeks. And a whole bunch of winter clothes in the basement to bring upstairs!
5. Decorations! I have lots of Christmas Cheer in the basement to bring up!!!
6. Winterizing. Brrrr! Plastic on windows. Must do!
7. Gert. I want to get her washed and vacuumed inside, all nice and shiny pretty.
8. Co-op work. Um, minutes and policy register! Been procrastinating…must do tomorrow.
So what have I been doing instead?
1. Coffee. Drinking it.
2. Computer. Sitting in front of it.
3. Internet Shopping. A few purchases and a whole lot of browsing. I bought a super cheap tapestry throw for the couch and throw rug for the living room. I bookmarked a bunch of thermal lined curtains that are super cheap. And I bookmarked a bunch of comforters (I don’t NEED one, but I’d really, really, really like one to match the new bedroom.) Same goes for the electric fireplaces. Oh yeah, and I bought a bunch of shoes/boots on clearance. Seriously, 5 pairs for $50!
And what am I going to do now?
1. Shower. Um, yeah, been up before 8 am and well see above…
2. Gather. I shall gather some clothes together for laundry (maybe even get out those sweaters from the basement?)
3. Drive. To the Southtowns. Where I shall meet up with my brother and family so we can all head to Dunkirk/Fredonia to do dinner with childhood friends. As in, um, I think we haven’t seen our friend Mark in over 20 years! Should be fun.
Ambitiously anticipating to do for tomorrow?
1. Go to church.
2. Work at Co-op.
3. Put away laundry.
Good night friends!