I will blog about here. Now.
1. I made my bed into a big girl bed once again. A few years ago I decided to get rid of the frame and just keep the box spring and mattress on the floor, I liked it closer to the ground. Last Sunday while in my cleaning frenzy I decided to lift my bed up on a frame once more. A high one at that. Simba Cat sometimes barely makes it up, which makes me laugh. I like the change.
2. Monday night I babysat for my friends while they attended a benefit. I brought a book to read for after Ms. Maeve went to bed but I found myself sucked into the evil TV. I couldn’t stop watching the Bachelor After the Rose Special even though I had not watched a single episode before that night. After that I was sucked into GREEK, The Nanny and My Fair Brady. Thankfully, they came home and stopped the madness.
3. Tuesday. Ugh. I couldn’t stop refreshing news pages to get more information on the Fire in Dunkirk, NY that destroyed the Masonic Temple. Turns out I got most of my updates from Facebook from local friends.
“Tenants of the building include the state Dept of Labor, Chautauqua Works, Rural Opportunities, Southern Tier Environments for Living Workforce, Northern Chautauqua County Offices of the Dept of Social Services, Family Court and other private offices, including a doctor’s office. Nearby, a building that housed veterans services also was engulfed in flames.”
4. I did find time to blog about the once again NON SNOWSTORM to hit Buffalo though, go figure.
5. I BROKE A MIRROR! Or does it count if a mirror that was hanging fell off the wall in the middle of the night andI had nothing directly to do with it? I CAN’T HANDLE SEVEN YEARS OF BAD LUCK!
While everyone in Buffalo is voting for Ryan Miller as the “Next Mayor of Buffalo” And “Buffalo’s Best Asset” and “God of All Things Buffalo Sports” maybe vote for All Things Jennifer in the blogger category?
A little video to get your mind off the SILVER medal.
My friend John shared this little video clip with me.
I just want to take this bear home and love him forever…
Now, back to our regular scheduled programming.
Otherwise known as HEY WORLD. RYAN MILLER, you know that awesome MVP in the Olympics?
Yeah, he plays for the BUFFALO SABRES thankyouverymuch.
And now, back to the race for the cup.
See ya in the Burgh on Tuesday, Crosby. (Grrrrr. The only kind of penguin I don’t particularly like, the ones in Pittsburgh.)
Served at Maeve’s Restaurant.
I have several books in progress. I cannot start another before finishing at least two of these titles.
Where should I start? What should finish reading first?
1. Foucault’s Pendulum (stalled, although it was still decent…about 200 pages in)
2. Clan of the Cave Bear (at least 150 pages in…good read so far.)
3. The God of Small Things (only around 25 pages, but I did start.)
4. The Meaning of Wife (at least 100 pages, needed fiction break.)
5. Who Killed Classical Music (my, it’s been a while but I was at least 100 pages into this thick read as well.)
So many books started!!!
Yes. Thank God It’s Friday. More of that to come in password protected posts.
Lots of crazy stuff in the news this week folks…
Most crazy? Fluffy Sweet Teddy Bear KILLER WHALE kills trainer. Nyah, that can’t happen. That’s like saying a KILLER WHALE WHO ATTACKED TWO OTHER PEOPLE and then KILLED another should continue to be locked up in a Sea World show and breed other baby Sea World KILLER whales. Oh wait.
File this in the never saw it coming category (ahem.)
RIP Boner and Hummer. This might be the only time ever that a Google search for either one of these words is safe for work. ‘Nuff said.
SATAN! I know, it’s SATAN LISTEN TO IT BACKWARDS! (Does anyone care?)
Hello. My name is Jennifer Smith.
I LOVE winter and even more SNOW and I live in Buffalo, NY.
One would think this would be a match made in heaven but apparently all the snow is falling everywhere else except Buffalo.
Tis embarrassing to call a *Winter Storm Warning* at the mere threat of 1-3″ or MAYBE 4-6″ total overnight.
Winter Storm Will Bring Snow and Wind to Buffalo