I’ve been doing a little bit of baking today. All afternoon…most of the night. God Bless my handy KitchenAid Mixer!
Peppermint with Peppermint M&Ms
Peppermint with Chocolate M&Ms
I made double batches of each kind, and ran out of flour. Oops.
Me: Babe, what’s your favorite Christmas cookie again?
HWMMS: The boob cookie!
Of course. Same exact answer as LAST YEAR. Why do I even ask?
And yes, it still IS in the refrigerator. LOL.
His #2 is Chewy Molasses and #3 is Oatmeal Raisin. Two cookies I’m not particularly great at making but need to learn!
I’m making cookies for a nursing home this year, for the Old Fort Niagara Holiday Party and Queen City Roller Girls Holiday Party. Perhaps the boob cookie might make an appearance at one of these shindigs…
Mmm. Bread. Rainy Fall Day=Perfect for Bread Baking.
Recipe here. COULD NOT BE EASIER!
I stumbled upon this *easy* bread recipe the other day and figured…why not?
Inexpensive, easy homemade baked bread
So easy! I just let it sit for a day…added more flour, waited for it to rise…threw it in the dutch oven and…
Thankfully, I was smart enough to double the recipe ahead of time. Two loaves of delicious, simple, easy bread! I can’t wait to experiment with adding herbs/spices and as HWMMS said cheese and bacon.
It makes a nice thick slice. So something like this tomato mozzarella toast will be amazing with this bread. If only we can keep from eating it fresh from the oven next time.
This recipe for pita bread looks pretty easy too. Has anyone ever made homemade pita bread before?
I used the regular ol’ Philadelphia Cream Cheesecake Recipe. (Half fat free, half regular.) I added extra vanilla, cinnamon and a cup of mixed berries. (Berries I had soaking in sangria last week…hello!) Also, this was my first homemade cheesecake with my KITCHENAID MIXER. Pure bliss.
For the crust I didn’t have graham crackers so I got creative. I found a few packages of mini blueberry muffins and crumbled them up along with the two leftover shortbread biscuits in the fridge.
And tomorrow I shall our fresh berry/cherry sauce on top of thee and indulge. Mmmm.
I think it turned out pretty good.
Even if I did seriously run out of frosting!
I was requested to serve it with a side of Schweddy Balls.
German Chocolate Cake Recipe
Recipes are linked!
1. Peanut Butter Blossoms (but I add much more peanut butter…)
2. M&M Cookies (used Christmas M&Ms instead of Chocolate Chips)
3. Cranberry Bliss Biscotti (I used this batter, omitted the candy canes and added chopped up Cranberry Bliss Bars, Cranberries and White Chocolate Chips)
4. Jello Cookies (I add double the Jello for more flavour.)
5. Spritz Cookies
6. Bourbon Balls (I soaked the nuts in WAY more bourbon and then added the goop to the mix which made these exceptionally goopy and I guess bourbon-y although I hate bourbon and won’t be tasting these to know how they came out.)
7. Lemon Bars (I also used graham crackers along with shortbread crusts)
8. Mint M&M Brownies (just add mint M&Ms)
9. Magic Cookie Bars
10. Cherry Walnut Cookies
Did not get to…
Sugar Cookie Cutouts
Chai Spice Biscotti
Although this year being the first one with a doggie in the house? I’m gonna have to find another place to store these babies now that I photographed them.
If I’m ever going to properly live up to my Grandma and Grandpa Baker’s namesake (BAKER!) I need the following products.
1. At least 5 more SILPATS. Seriously, what did I do before owning one of these? (Answer: Burn a lot of cookies!)
2. At least 1 double large industrial sized cookie baking oven. (A girl can dream, and we will be redoing the house in a few years, right?)
3. Of course, my KitchenAid Mixer. (With dough attachment.) Soon, soon my love you will be mine. I think this is why I have 16 bridesmaids (Ladies in Red) so they can all chip in to buy my favorite present of all!
I decided I need to start participating in the Daring Kitchen/Daring Bakers monthly challenges once again.
The Daring Kitchen challenge for March due the 14th! Anyone out there want to join me?