HWMMS: Yeah, I got your link to some item from Horchow and I instantly deleted it.
Me: Not fair! You KNOW I always get good deals, right? Also, you are showing about 3 inches of butt crack in those ridiculously, old, green sweatpants right now.
HWMMS: I’ll pick up a box of instant potatoe…
Me: YOU CAN’T SERVE INSTANT POTATOES! I will make potatoes for you…instant potatoes are only in case of the zombie apocalypse and even then, I plan on growing potatoes!
“I decided against playing it, because I like being married to you…”
Zombie vs. Zombie: Why The Walking Dead works better as a game
I went into the kitchen to see that my wonderful Husband cleaned and organized and it looked impressive!
And then I realized…the extra counter space that made the wee galley kitchen look more impressive???
(Warning the next photo might be painful to the eyes…)
HE PUT THE HOLY KITCHENAID MIXER IN THE CUPBOARD!
Oh no, no, no…one does not wait 37 years for marriage to receive the Holy Kitchenaid mixer from her besties for her wedding shower to HIDE that gorgeous piece of equipment! What would he think if I put a tarp over The Mistress?
Last night at the Lowest of the Low concert at Artpark I ran into Will. After making chit-chat with Will, I explained to my friends Erin and Meesh that Will is/was One Of My Favourite Bartenders. My girlfriends laughed.
Oh yes, not too long ago I had a Favourite Bartender in, well, quite a few bars in Buffalo I might admit. One in every watering hole!
And now…my happy hour watering hole? Consists of this…
And I wouldn’t want it any other way.
Two visits to urgent care, a chest x-ray and 4 prescriptions is still cheaper than ONE month of COBRA coverage for my husband. Poor guy, can’t shake this bronchitis.
Today he got a script for the GOOD STUFF - Tussionex since the wimpy cough stuff with codeine was like drinking water.
HWMMS: How many milliliters are in a teaspoon?
Me: I dunno, check the measuring cup thing.
HWMMS: It doesn’t say?
Me: (Bringing him a spoon from the kitchen.)
HWMMS: This spoon is dirty!
Me: (Wanting to shove said spoon down his sick throat….)
HWMMS: Just check the internet, I don’t trust you.
I’m sure my Husband Who Makes Me Smile meant that in the nicest way. Poor guy needs some sleep. ASAP.
Me: I know! We can get a hammock so you can…
HWMMS: What? Get eaten alive by mosquitoes? Do you think they will some how suck out all the sick part from my flesh and leave the rest of me so I will feel better?
Me: No, um…be able to RELAX and get some rest. Never mind.
Kind of like Randomments but you know All Things Wedding instead, I save these little snippets for Wednesday. Only because of the alliteration.
- Being engaged is like our own personal Christmas/Birthday celebration! I’m so touched by all the well-wishes and cards and happy! I started putting our cards on the shelf to display just like Christmas. Wheeee!
- Celebration Happy Hour. Adorableness ensues when your GUY FRIEND comes up to you immediately and asks to see the hardware. (Also, love that people shake He Who Makes Me Smile’s Hand…) That Tom is a keeper I’m telling you, some lady needs to snatch him up, stat!
- Engagement Breakfast! My Aunt Ellen and Uncle Ken treated us to Engagement Breakfast at Knead the Dough on Saturday morning. Super sweet thought. Thank you!
- I was a grumpy, grumpy girl this past weekend. He Who Makes Me Smile told me to look at my sparkly ring—he added the grump protection plan which adds more sparkly when I’m in a grumpy mood. Cute, eh? Love him.
- I sent an email out on a proofing round and one of my friends wrote back, oh and by the way “You’re engaged!” So adorable.
- At work my boss said to me “I think he’s just stopping in to see you. You need to flash him that ring!”
- I had wedding talk coffee/grilled cheese with TB Erin last night. I recall after she got engaged hanging out and talking the deets (and looking at wedding dresses she had saved on her laptop!) SEE He Who Makes Me Smile—tis not just me!
- My two favorite websites lately? Rustic Wedding Chic and Sparkle and Hay. I had no idea my type of dream picnic wedding had a *genre* attached to it! Who knew?
- I have a severe addiction to Pinterest the last few weeks. If it’s red, yellow, springy, daffodilly, picnicy I’ve probably pinned it!
- He Who Makes Me Smile came home from a QCRG meeting last night with a business card from the person in charge of the Marketing Committee. “I volunteered us to help, I thought this was something the two of us can do together as a married couple.” AS A MARRIED COUPLE! VOLUNTEERING! I love, love, LOVE this man!
- Registry? Um…we set up our charity registries already I know, I know tis early but this is something I’ve been excited to do ALL MY LIFE! We hope our friends/family will support the charities we love and honor our loved ones with meager $27 donations to Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Kiwanas Club of Niagara Falls, Old Fort Niagara and/or Aquarium of Niagara (PENGUINS!)
Kind of like Randomments but you know All Things Wedding instead, I’ll save these little snippets for Wednesday. Only because of the alliteration.
1. Maggie asked to see my hand while standing in line in the bathroom during a theater intermission last week. At which point the women around me all oooed and ahhhed and offered congratulations and gushed over my sparkly ring. Really? Women are nuts. But I thought it was adorable all the same.
2. “I had the craziest dreams…while reading through your blog and attending the fair with you that I picked up on the fact that you wanted me to craftily weave together your two themes…..NASCAR style racing black and white flags and hippie tye dye. Oh lord help me LOL!”
3. When my niece asked me when I was going to get married I said maybe Fall…her answer was “It’s FALL NOW!”
4. I was asking friends about possible weekends and Shannon in Boston answered “I’ll be there if it’s a Tuesday in January :>)” Tee hee!
5. After getting off the phone with my bestie Mary in Maryland she booked a plane ticket to come visit in November…she hasn’t even met He Who Makes Me Smile yet! I’m soooooooooooooooo excited!
6. I’m assuming this comes with the being a blogger and heavily networked territory but oh my goodness, I have been *friendly solicited* by at least 10 people in the last week for everything under the sun regarding a wedding so far including: someone who writes vows, makes invitations, photographs, favors, event planning, do the ceremony and provide a venue location. Is this normal?
7. My mama sent engagement cards in the mail for us. They made me cry, happy cry.*
*The one on the left has angels labeled Mr. Smith—my dad and Mrs. Weber—He Who Makes Me Smile’s mama)
I just called—he asked for my name and zip code, it takes 1 minute. PLEASE CALL!
“Sen. Grisanti’s office is taking a final tally of votes TODAY- his aide told me the calls today are mostly AGAINST the marriage equality act and 50/50 overall. He wants constituents to call today if they support it. IF YOU ARE A CONSTITUENT PLEASE CALL HIM RIGHT NOW! 854-8705″