A meme I found over on Eden’s Blog
5 things in the fridge!
Rules? You photograph and blog about five things in your fridge. Easy!
So, my first photo shows two items I just recently stocked up on…mini low sodium V-8 juices and DanActive Yogurt Smoothies. Mmmmm.
1. Truth be told 10 years ago gosh even 5 years ago I was hard pressed to get either one of these liquids in my body. But once upon a time I realized I was not getting nearly enough veggies in my diet and I had a coupon for V-8. I figured I could force myself to drink the wee little can (I mean I could do shots of Wild Turkey, I can surely handle this!) Ick. How wrong I was. I would take a sip and then water it down and hope for the best. Ick indeed. But I kept trying. Every so often another six-pack would appear and I would try to get into this healthy habit. It took the discovery of the low sodium brand before I could actually sort of enjoy the drink. Years later? No problem. I actually *like* the taste and pretty much have one every other day.
*Can you tell by the photo that I worked in a grocery store before?
2. And now for the yogurt. Yogurt, eh…yeah it’s good for you. I don’t mind it. But I much prefer making smoothies and putting it in the blender with fruit. But that takes time. And fruit. And cleaning up afterwards.
(My time is precious.) (I like sleeping in until the last moment before leaving for work. And I’m not a fan of cleaning the blender.) So yeah, finding the pre-made smoothies opened the gates of good dairy heaven for me. About a month ago I ran into this brand at the store, DanActive. A little smaller than the other size smoothies, and not nearly as expensive as the Activa probiotic kind. I like em, a lot. Very tasty! Not sure about the whole probiotic thing, but it is a good for me treat.
3. Gatorade RAIN! My Mark LOVES his Gatorade RAIN. Gatorade is another one of those items I never particularly cared for, ever. But after tasting this lighter version RAIN I’m sort of hooked. Not really hooked (I’ve only had about 5 ever.) But I do enjoy the thirst quenching beverage. Mark does too. As a rule, the only beverages we keep in our fridge includes milk, juice or water. Never soft drinks and never fake juices, but for the new Gatorade. Oh and wine and beer. Lately? When I go to the store and ask if he wants me to get anything…he says “oh, and some of those Gatorade drinks I like” instead of the most oft heard response from 2007 “ice cream.”
4. Best. Bread. Ever. Spread some peanut butter on this Arnold Healthy Multi-Grain bread and be prepared for your tummy to dance with joy. Mmmmm. Slap some cheese on the bread and place it in a frying pan, pure bliss. I lovelovelove this bread. I have been eating whole grain/oatmeal/wheaty type breads for sometime now. (And once in a rare while, I indulge with potato bread.) But once I bought this brand, I’ve never looked back. Worth every freaking expensive damn penny. I skimp on a lot of things when money is tight, but never on bread. (I have not found a cheaper substitute that comes close in comparison.)
5. Why, that would be a photo of my
margarita water pitcher filled with string cheese, which is something that I have never indulged in until this past week. Yeah, I keep cheese in my house and on occasion even splurge for a fancy kind…but in general cheese in my fridge comes in slices for sandwiches. Of course pretty much all of the refrigerators of my friends always have string cheese (and little hands attached to little kids who love the squeaky snack.) So I’ve had more than my share of them the past year or so…However, since I’ve been much, much better this past month with stocking my house with healthy snacks such as packets of delicious hearty grain oatmeal and almonds and rice and beans and fruit and veggies (sugar snap peas are my latest favorite!) I decided last night to buy a few packages of cheese to take for snacks on the run as well.
So I showed you mine…now you show me yours!